Hot Stone Massage
Classic, Luxury and Ultimate Treatments
Deeply Relaxing Soothing Calming Detoxifies Therapeutic
This Specialised Treatment treatment works on 4 Levels
This deeply warming, soothing treatment using smooth Hot Stones can be used therapeutically or purely for relaxation. The heat from the basalt stones deeply penetrate the muscular structures, soothing and releasing tension and toxins, warming and sedating the body's systems.
White marble stones may be used on request, if you have an injury or your system need a boost. With their unique cooling temperatures, they are a natural balance to the hot stones and can reduce pain and inflammation effectively.
Fact ~ Did you know that basalt is an igneous rock which can also dissipate anger ?
What is Hot Stone Massage ?
Hot Stone Massage Therapy is both a massage and a therapy in one treatment using Hot Basalt Stones and if required Cold Marble Stones. This treatment works on four levels gently rebalancing all the body's systems, relaxing, calming and soothing leaving you totally re-balanced and energised.
What are the benefits of Hot Stone Massage Therapy?
- It is both a treatment and a therapy, relaxing, nurturing and deeply soothing
- Heat helps to calm the nervous system reducing the symptoms of stress and tension
- It stimulates and rebalances all of the body's systems on a focused level when blended with Reflexology
- Hot stones work on 4 levels, rebalancing you physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually
- Increase the therapeutic benefits of Hot Stone therapy with Cold stones which boosts immunity
- The heat from the stones relaxes and penetrates the deeper soft tissues and muscular structures; relieving pain
- Improves circulation , Lowers high blood pressure, encouraging deep and effective breathing, reducing fatigue and increasing energy levels
- Hot Stones stimulate and rebalance the digestive system and the elimination system
- Improves lymphatic drainage and detoxification
- Clients who prefer a lighter, gentle treatment are able to experience lighter pressure.
Hot stone massage therapy can produce a deeper and more intense massage
equivalent to 2-3 manual massage treatments
"The Hot Stone Massage & Reiki rebalancing treatment, a Heavenly experience with the lovely Ivana. What a joy to feel so spoilt and to indulge myself in such a calm and well prepared professional environment. I felt good especially the following day! My body felt relaxed following some Reiki and a hot stone massage, but I
also noticed that my mood was elevated the following day also. I feel much more relaxed, this morning I got up and did a little wiggle, so my spirits are lifted too."
Great treatment worth every penny!
Absolutely divine !
I have always been prone to getting tension in the neck and shoulders especially when under a lot of stress. However, since having the Hot Stone massage I feel physically better and more relaxed.
Ivana has also given me some Reiki treatments which I must admit I was a bit sceptical about at first. however it has been amazing!!! I have had a lot of issues on my mind but, since receiving Reiki I have felt so much calmer about things.
What does Hot Stone Massage Therapy involve ?
After your complimentary consultation natural massage wax or organic oils are selected for your skin type and your current needs. Hot Stone therapy is unique and uses smooth basalt stones heated to between 45-60 degrees in a special heater. The stones are both laid on the body and are also used with oils as vital massage tools producing a deeply penetrating pressure and heat.
Beautiful, smooth basalt stones are revered for their naturally holistic properties; stimulating, yet calming the body's systems simultaneously. This treatment will work on 4 levels the mental, emotional and spiritual levels. As with any massage treatment at The Healing Room your modesty is always paramount and you will be covered with large towels, only the area being worked on by the therapist is exposed.
Feel deeply relaxed, refreshed and ready to face the world
In certain cases cold stones may also be used to help with muscular injuries, to reduce inflammation or tone muscles which can be helpful when losing weight. The application of cold stones stimulates the nervous system causing the blood vessels to contract and increases lymph flow which helps to remove toxins, whilst giving your immune system a welcome boost. A welcome invigorating boost.
What are the benefits of Cold Stones?
- Cold marble stones may be used for injuries
- They are particularly good for the immune system offering it a welcome boost
- Chilled marble stones are powerful and assist in decongesting and pushing fluid and wastes from overworked, inflamed, tense muscular tissues which interrupt the pain- spasm-pain cycle
- After working with the heated stones, the chilled marbles stones move fluids effectively within the body. This is therapeutic and healing due to the alternate constriction and dilation of the blood vessels
- In massage, cold marble stones do not desensitise the skin, as ice can
- Cold challenges the body, toning and strengthening many of the body's systems an excellent treatment to boost your immunity and tone muscles
A brief History of Hot Stones
Mother Earth's gift of volcanic stones have been used by many different cultures for thousands of years. Basalt is an igneous rock produced under conditions of intense heat and solidified from molten lava.
In ancient times many healers used rocks from the river beds and warmed them on hot coals or in hot water and then placed the hot stones, wrapped in cloth, along the energy centre's of the body. This would help to relax the muscles and reduce pain or discomfort, initiating a deep healing process.
Native American women would use the warm stones in the same way that we use hot water bottles. These precious stones are revered and are highly respected by Hawaiian people. Hot Stone Therapy was brought into modern day by Mary Nelson a Massage Therapist from Arizona in the mid nineties and is widely used around the world today.
Classical Hot Stone Massage 45 Minutes £50
Back, Neck and Shoulders OR Legs & Feet using Hot Stones using Songbird Products
Luxury Hot Stone Massage 60 Minutes £65
Hot Foot Cleanse Full Body Hot Stone Massage Back, Neck and Shoulders, Legs, Feet, Arms, Hands, Decollette and Face with Luxurious Organic Neal's Yard Products
Ultimate Healing Hot Stone Massage 90 Minutes £80
Hot Foot Cleanse, Reiki infused Hot Stones Full Body Massage Back, Neck and Shoulders, Legs, Feet, Arms, Hands, Decollette, Detox, Face and Head Massage with Luxurious Organic Neal's Yard Products concluding with Reiki Balancing.
Cold Stones may be used as part of your treatment if required.
Warming Soothing Healing